Group 4 is the standard program offered at our center in Boquete. A language student needs lots of personal attention and this is why we prepare small groups of maximum of four students a class. Classes are held between 8:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., with a 15 minute break after the first two hours. During the high season we also schedule classes between 1:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. For those seeking a more intensive option, the Group 4 + 2 adds two hours of private lessons in the afternoon between 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
Our classes are mostly in Spanish and they are highly conversational, orientated to the communicative development of our students and include walks in town to practice through role play what has just been taught in class. We work on skill integration, with special emphasis on listening comprehension and oral expression abilities. Lesson planning is based on student’s needs and their diverse learning styles.
To achieve the goal of learning a new language it is very important that you really enjoy and have fun during the learning process. Besides classes we encourage our students to join in our free conversation sessions.
Through our Latin Cultural & Spanish Immersion Program you get to live with a carefully selected local middle class family that lives within walking distance from the school. This host family will not only accommodate you with a private room and provide you with breakfast and dinner, but they will also take you as a true member of their family and make you feel at home while you have the opportunity to practice your Spanish and improve your conversational skills 24 hours a day. For those not interested in staying with a family we can offer a number of different hotel, B&B and resort options. Just let us know and we can send you a list.
We offer a great many free cultural activities as a part of our Spanish programs. Salsa & Meringue Lessons, Conversational Sessions, Get-Togethers, Field Trips and Sports (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee for example). Boquete is also an outdoor adventure wonderland. We can help you set up afternoon, day and weekend tours.
Our language center is located in the mountain valley town of Boquete. Boquete is a paradise with a great climate and amazing natural beauty. For decades Panamanians from the coast have escaped the heat of the tropical climate by visiting and living in Boquete. In recent years they have been followed by retirees from all over the world who have discovered this safe and beautiful oasis. Located in the province of Chiriqui, near the boarder with Costa Rica there are fantastic adventure activities, including world class river rafting.
Boquete is the home of about 15,000 welcoming people whose cultural roots can be traced from Native Indians, Spaniards, Europeans and North Americans among other ethnicities. Its first settlers came from other areas of Panama, as well as other countries such as Switzerland, Sweden, Germany and North America. All give shape to the cultural melting pot that is Boquete today. Most farms and houses still have architectural styles that are reminiscent of these other countries. On the sheer mountains that surround the valley live the Ngöbe Buglés, the indigenous ethnic group of the are, also known as Guaymies. They are highly skilled artisans, famous for their colorful chaquiras (beaded necklaces) and the “Original” or “nahua,” the traditional dress of the Guaymi women of the region.
If you are into white water adventures, the rivers born in the highlands of the nearby volcanoes offer breathtaking scenery and high doses of adrenaline thanks to their constant rapids. Chiriqui Viejo is a world class river that has all. Also the Quetzals trail is one of the best hikes in Central America and horse back rides are also available in the area.
tudents who have some ability in Spanish can sign up any Monday of the year that is not a National Holiday.In the case of Monday holidays, classes will begin on the next day, Tuesday. The following Panamanian Holidays are observed by the school; January 1st and 9th, Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday due to Carnivals, Holy Thursday and Good Friday, May 1st, August 15th, November 3rd, 4th, 10th, 28th and School remains closed from December 24th to December 31st. Missed days because of holidays can be rescheduled but refunds are not available. For those students that are absolute beginners, you will need to start on the following dates: Jan 3, 17, 31; Feb 7, 14, 18; Mar 14, 28; April 11, 25; May 2, 16, 30; June 6, 20, 27; July 4, 18, 25; Aug 1, 15, 29; Sept 5, 19; Oct 3, 17, 31; Nov 7, 21; Dec 5, 19.
Main points about the Boquete campus:
- Small intensive groups of no more than 4 students
- Relaxed environment with first class facilities (Wi-Fi internet, cafeteria, modern classrooms)
- Spanish Courses four all: Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced, travelers, retirees, children, teenagers and Adults
- Boquete’s climate: Considered near perfect, temperatures range between 60° and 80° F all year round
- Free conversational sessions, cultural activities, salsa & meringue lessons, get-togethers (dinners, local events), field trips (to the river, beach, farms) etc.
- Boquete has ecotourism for everyone: zip line canopy tour, white water river rafting, coffee tours, hiking trails of different difficulty, camping at the Baru Volcano, bird watching, mountain biking, kayaking, horseback riding, rock climbing & rappelling, etc.
- Boquete is a paradise destination: it has been chosen during the last 7 years amongst the best places in the world to retire. It is safe, peaceful, beautiful, inexpensive, etc.
- 1 hour away from the beaches in the Pacific and 3 hours away from the beaches of Bocas del Toro in the Caribbean. You can perfectly combine classes in the mountains during the week, with sunny beach vacations in the weekend
- From Panama City you can take a flight to David, the capital of the province of Chiriqui, only 30 minutes away from Boquete
- Free airport pick up in David if you do the homestay lodging option. Without lodging, the cost is $25.